Can you beat the “Battle Rig” and complete the course? It’s time to find out!
The Alpha Warrior Celebrity Tour and Obstacle Competition allows people to meet American Ninja Warrior celebrity athletes as well as try to beat the “Battle Rig” and complete the course.
Open to all DoD cardholders, Active Duty, Reserve/Guard, Retirees, and dependents ages 13* and up.
This event features a FREE, 2-day showcase that features a Meet & Greet with Celebrities on Day 1. Day 2 features a unique experience with a 15×30 Alpha Warrior Battle Rig Demonstration/Familiarization session for the Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst community to enjoy and finally, the event culminates with a timed competition for aspiring athletes to participate.
The Alpha Warrior Program is part of the Air Force Services Activity (AFSVA) mission in striving to bring new and innovative programs to installations in an effort to build and sustain ready and resilient Airmen and their families. The AFSVA will provide awards for the top 3 Male and Female finishers.
For more information or questions please call 609.754.2158.
For more information about The Alpha Warrior Program, please click here.
Schedule of Events:
Day 1 / May 22, 2017- Celebrity Interaction with two Alpha Warrior athletes from the American Ninja Warrior show:
- 10:30am – 11:30am: Meet and Greet/Autograph signing at the 87FSS Fitness Center at JB MDL Lakehurst, Bldg. 123 Severyns Rd.
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm: Meet and Greet/Autograph signing at the Main Exchange/BX at JB MDL McGuire, Bldg. 3452 Broidy Rd.
- 1:15pm – 2:15pm: Meet and Greet/Autograph signing at the 87FSS Fitness Center at JB MDL McGuire, Bldg. 2504 POW/MIA Blvd.
- 3:15 pm – 4:15pm: Functional Fitness Training, Bldg. 1928
Day 2 / May 23, 2017 – Competition/Demo Day @ Doughboy Gym (Bldg. 5953 Newport Street, JB MDL Dix):
- 12pm – 2pm: Registration and Safety Brief / Individuals can register for the youth experience demo (ages 13-17) and the adult (18+) competition/experience demo in Doughboy gym. *Please bring ID to verify age during demo/competition sign up.
- 2pm – 3:30pm: Youth Experience Demo (13 to 17-yrs) / Individuals can use this time to practice on the Battle Rig
- 3:30pm – 5pm: Adult Experience Demo / Individuals can use this time to warm-up/familiarize on the Battle Rig
- 5pm – 7pm: Official Competition / Adult timed challenge